The Abegg Love Letters

To those who have been called, who are loved by God the Father and kept by Jesus Christ; mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance. -Jude 1:1


As Regional Leaders with United World Mission, we serve in Latin America to provide support & training to missionaries on the field. We work with Latin Partner Ministries that focus on everything from theological education to medical care, from children’s homes to retirement homes. Our goal is to come along side organizations & amplify their impact for good and the Gospel.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Matters of the Heart –Update on Kevin’s heart condition

Some of you may remember that I was diagnosed with “Mitral Valve Prolapse” last year, which for those of us who don’t speak medical gibberish means that the valve between the upper and lower left chambers of my heart doesn’t close properly. Evidently this is combined with an arrhythmia or irregular heartbeat which explains why Claudia is a much better dancer than I. My most recent checkup focused on extreme irregular heartbeats while I slept, which resulted in my having to do sleep apnea (pauses in breathing while sleeping) testing. The concept behind this testing is that if you are alive the next morning after having been wired like a Christmas tree all night, you become a candidate for a take home torture device that will supposedly regulate my night time breathing. In all seriousness, I give thanks to the Lord for the wisdom and discernment He has provided the doctors that are caring for me and I have every intention to follow their instructions in order to better do whatever the Lord may call me to do in the coming months and years. In the past three years I can’t remember a time that I wasn’t fall asleep tired, and the apnea could potentially be one of the contributing factors to my irregular heartbeats. Please pray for continued wisdom on the doctors’ parts and for my submission first to the Lord and then to the doctors instructions despite the initial discomfort of the machine.

Psalm 33:13-18 “From heaven the LORD looks down and sees all mankind; from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth- he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do… No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength. A horse is a vain hope for deliverance; despite all its great strength it cannot save. But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love”.

No comments: