The Abegg Love Letters

To those who have been called, who are loved by God the Father and kept by Jesus Christ; mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance. -Jude 1:1


As Regional Leaders with United World Mission, we serve in Latin America to provide support & training to missionaries on the field. We work with Latin Partner Ministries that focus on everything from theological education to medical care, from children’s homes to retirement homes. Our goal is to come along side organizations & amplify their impact for good and the Gospel.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Lessons We’ve Learned from Our Kids #11

  • Nico: "I knew that, I know everything!" Daddy: "Really? Where did you learn everything you know?" Nico: "I don't know."
  • Jeremy: But daddy, boys are never wrong!
  • Nico, while flying to Chile: “You can hold my hand daddy so you’re not scared when we take off”.
  • Nico: “I didn’t squish the bug, I was just making sure it didn’t get away!”
  • General Wisdom: When planning a trip with two little boys, imagine the number of clothes you think they will need, and then double it.
  • On Change: The town of Pichilemu, Chile (where Claudia and I worked when we first got married) seems a lot dustier than I remembered it now that we are here with two very curious boys.
  • Logic?: Even though different types of food shouldn't touch each other on your dinner plate, it's somehow acceptable (and edible) to mix tomato juice with your ice-cream.
  • Jeremy: “Why does God need our money just on Sundays and not the rest of the days?”
  • Nico: “I thought my pocket would make the caterpillar warm, not squishy!”
  • Jeremy: “If God wasn't born or made, and he's been alive from always, he must be really, really tired by now!”
For Previous "Lessions" please see our Lesson Plan

No comments: