The Abegg Love Letters

To those who have been called, who are loved by God the Father and kept by Jesus Christ; mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance. -Jude 1:1


As Regional Leaders with United World Mission, we serve in Latin America to provide support & training to missionaries on the field. We work with Latin Partner Ministries that focus on everything from theological education to medical care, from children’s homes to retirement homes. Our goal is to come along side organizations & amplify their impact for good and the Gospel.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Larry Norman 1947 - 2008

On Dec. 31st most papers and news casts dedicate time and space to influential individuals who have passed away during the previous year. The Abegg family lost my great aunt Maja (many of you knew her from her extensive travels with my grandma "Mor-mor" who is celebrating her 95th birthday today!).

Another person that I did not see listed in any of the end of year articles will be familiar to any "Old School" Christan Rockers and possibly some new ones who apreciate those who have gone before us. Larry Norman passed away earlier this year (see: http://www.larrynorman.com/ for details). I was introduced to his music the the early 80's and then had the privelidge of meeting him a number of times at Lighthouse Christian Fellowship during my time in Santa Cruz, CA. Some of his more popular early songs were: "I Am The Six O'Clock News", "The Great American Novel", "Why Should The Devil Have All The Good Music?", "Without Love, You Ain't Nothing (Righteous Rocker)", and "I Wish We'd All Been Ready" which was used in the 1972 movie interpreting the rapture "A Thief in the Night".

"This life is hard and the road is long
That leads me toward the light.
Sometimes I trip and stumble in the night
My mind becomes so weary I just want to lay down.
But I got to keep on going
'Till I reach the higher ground.
Let this good life be the life I lead.
Let my faith grow like a mustard seed.
Let your love be all the love I need
To carry me all the way home."

- "All The Way Home" by Larry Norman.

No comments: