The Abegg Love Letters

To those who have been called, who are loved by God the Father and kept by Jesus Christ; mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance. -Jude 1:1


As Regional Leaders with United World Mission, we serve in Latin America to provide support & training to missionaries on the field. We work with Latin Partner Ministries that focus on everything from theological education to medical care, from children’s homes to retirement homes. Our goal is to come along side organizations & amplify their impact for good and the Gospel.

Monday, May 20, 2019

Costa Rica Missons Trip (Nicholas Abegg)


Hello Friends And Family!!!

I am sending you this to ask for prayer because as some of you may know I am going on a missions trip to Costa Rica in a week. We will be taking a team with us and working in one of the places we visited last year where my parents supervise UWM missionaries, the Gortmaker Family.

For mission trips it is always good to have a prayer support team who is joining us in the battle. We're going to be working on an old camp that's being used as a training center for pastors to study theology.  Many of these pastors have never had the chance to study and be prepared to pastor, yet they're in charge of small churches all over the countryside. Some of them only have a 6th grade education, so to be able to get trained is a huge blessing.

So, I'm asking you to be my and the team's prayer covering! All I ask is to pray for me daily as we get ready (now) and while we're gone May 23 - June 10. Our family will be there one week before the rest of the team comes since we need to meet with UWM missionaries and different ministries and get ready for the team to arrive June 1st. We will be 16 people in total.

The main things I ask for prayer for are:
  1. That I would have faith and trust in my God that even though I may not be the best person for a specific job, I will completely try and work to do the best I can no matter what.
  2. That I would Have Kindness and Grace with everyone. We will not be in a comfortable environment physically and spiritually, so I want to have kindness and grace in everything and with those who are around me.
  3. Health, Safety and Unity for the team as we work together physically at the camp, run a VBS at a local church and train teachers while we run their Children's Church on the last Sunday. (It's a 4 hr. service!!!)

Thank you so much for praying for me. prayer can move mountains!

John 14:13-14

13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.


Acts 9:40

40 Peter sent them all out of the room; then he got down on his knees and prayed. Turning toward the dead woman, he said, "Tabitha, get up." She opened her eyes, and seeing Peter she sat up.

If you would like to get updates while we're away, we will send them via "What'sApp".  So if you have that app and would like to receive updates, please send me your phone number and you'll be invited to the group. Thanks!

Once again thank you all so much for praying for me I love you all and will send a report once we're back!

For more on our family's work as missionaries please visit: www.abeggloveletters.blogspot.com

And you can see our video from Costa Rica last year at: Abegg's in Costa Rica 2018

- Nicholas Abegg-Guzman


2 comments:

California Martinez's said...

Nico, Great letter! You are going to have more adventure in a week, and I'm a little jealous. Make sure you learn a few new Spanish words a day. Do not get eaten by fire ants, please. Have fun! Joe and I will pray for you and support you in this project. Be sure to take pictures!

Unknown said...

God is able and does move mountains! will be praying that this trip is very fruitful for all involved and the people you will be serving. Thanks