The Abegg Love Letters

To those who have been called, who are loved by God the Father and kept by Jesus Christ; mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance. -Jude 1:1


As Regional Leaders with United World Mission, we serve in Latin America to provide support & training to missionaries on the field. We work with Latin Partner Ministries that focus on everything from theological education to medical care, from children’s homes to retirement homes. Our goal is to come along side organizations & amplify their impact for good and the Gospel.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Electronic Love Letter -“cito” (meaning “little”).

Nothing fancy, just a quick update and prayer request.

From our last news letter you know that I will be developing a department of “North America Ministries” focused on assisting US Churches and their missionaries to maintain or develop an even stronger connection once the missionaries are deployed as opposed to loosing or relinquishing that relationship to a third organization such as LAM. We literally want to assist the sending churches in THEIR calling to fulfill the great commission as opposed to taking their place and becoming a “middle man” between the sending church and the missionary.

But that’s not what I’m writing you about. Just after the new year, Steve Johnson, LAM’s president requested that I assist in filling the positions of Ministries Coordinator as they searches for a Latin who can fill the role. I’m Swedish, Swiss-German which is just about as far from Latin as you can get, but Latin through marriage. (Thanks to Claudia!) Once again I am honored and humbled to be asked to work in such a role and am seeking the Lord for even greater wisdom and discernment in order to honor Him in all I do. It’s an exciting role of working with all our ministry partners throughout Central and South America, and assisting our missionaries in matching them with a ministry that needs their giftings and where they would be of the greatest help. In all this I desperately need your prayers. I’ve already seen some wonderful connections that the Lord has brought about and look forward to more.

Tomorrow AM I will be flying to Tijuana and will be working with some of our missionaries, ministry partners and associate churches. Please be praying for me as I seek to learn my job while on the job, and for the Lord’s hand to work in, around and through me while I’m there.

Also, please keep Claudia and the boys in your prayers while I am away, they are just getting over some bad coughs. On my return Claudia will need some extensive dental work on what we believe to be three crowns.

Thank you for your support, love and assistance in so many ways. Keep an eye on our blog this week as I plan to post instead of e-mail updates. (http://abeggloveletters.blogspot.com )

God bless!

No comments: